Yes, if he was arrested you can subpoena the police reports and arrest records, however if you wish to have testimony about this in court you will need to have the officers present to testify.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My stbx has charges in another county against him. Felony injury with dui. He wants more custody of children. I feel we need to get the information they have on the accident before a judge decides what to do with kids. Been told he may get more visitation. He was found leaving the scene of accident with serious injury to other person. Is this not pertinent information? It shows character and that leaving the scene to me does not look good. Also, the information is not being given out yet because they keep continuing the case, probably to wait to get more custody. There is plenty of evidence as to this accident and crime. Yet, I don’t understand why this is not being used more heavily as to help my side and agrue the case against safety of children. Also, he keeps trying to convince me to stay in the marriage while he is still seeing girlfriend. Can this be used in anyway? I am getting quite frustrated at the laws. This person left the other person with life threatening injuries and was leaving the scene.