Distrubution of property

Dear sickAtired:

Greetings. I can read how frustrating and endless this must all feel for you. Yes, your ex-wife may subpoena someone into court. Under the alimony statute, alimony is no longer paid when someone is co-habitating. Your remarriage should not affect the alimony issue.

Also, I think you should pursue your legal remedies concerning the fraud. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

quote:
Originally posted by JanetFritts
Dear sickAtired:

Greetings. I can read how frustrating and endless this must all feel for you. Yes, your ex-wife may subpoena someone into court. Under the alimony statute, alimony is no longer paid when someone is co-habitating. Your remarriage should not affect the alimony issue.

Also, I think you should pursue your legal remedies concerning the fraud. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you Ms. Fritts.

You are welcome.[8D]

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

I have been separated for almost two years now and my divorce was just finalized in January of this year because her attorney didn’t file the papers until then. My ex and their attonery has tried every trick in the book to stall this finalization. I have tried to move on with my life; I met this wonderful person who I recently married. My ex attonery called my attorney today to ask if I was married. I guess my question, is will this affect my case. She is seeking alimony but her boyfriend lives with her[cohabitation].

After I moved into my own apartment I had a credit report pulled. I found out she had forged my name to nurmous accounts. For instant there are serveral credit cards and car loan; and she signed my name to a refinance loan; the interest rates were so high we lost the house. I didn’t find out until recently that she had signed my name. I don’t understand how the finance company allowed this. If it had not happen to me I would not have believed that it is that easy to commit such an act with a mortagage company.

I just want this over; she was awarded alimony and I offer her fair a settlement but she refused to give me what judge ordered so after going back to court three times trying to resolve this the judge throw out the alimony. I don’t want my new wife embrassed in anyway and from what I was told she could be subpeona for this last court date she said she didn’t have anything to hide and would go if they served her with a subpeona. I guess the attonery is grasping for straws. I do plan to proscute her for fraud when I am done with this. My credit is destroy because of her. The car loan that she forged my name is now 60 days past due and I was informed through a mortagage broker that I would not qualify for a with that delinquecy on my credit. I don’t have the car she does and she has a good salary. Those were things I had to put up with while living with her. Not paying the bills and just spending reckless. Any information would help.