Subpoena - Support Modifcation

I’m not sure if you two have child together so that your income would be included in the calculations. If the property is in your name alone then I would think that would be off limits. But I may be wrong…
Yes, you can subpoena all of her finacial records also. You can have her employer subpoenaed for her employement records also or to testify to her income. Any information that affects the reason for the support change of circumstance.

You should submit all the documentation requested, however you should also include the language that shows that you took a loss on this property.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

my husband filed to modify support based on several changes in circumstances. He has rec’d a subpoena to show financial documents, one of which is rental income. We do own a rental property, but it is in my name and we had a loss last year anyway. Do we still have to submit this? Can we subpoena the ex for the same financial documents?