There is a subpoena form you can fill out and ask the judge to sign to get his financial records. I am not sure where to get it, but I would start by talking with the clerk of court maybe.

The form you are referring to I believe is the AOC-G-100. You can locate it at key in the number I just gave you and the PDF document comes up. This is the form that I used to subpoena my ex’s financial records when we went to child support court. I couldn’t afford an attorney either. I filed this document with the clerk of court and then took it down to the local sheriff’s dept and paid a $15 fee to get them to serve the subpoena on him. Worked for me…HOPE this works for you too…GOOD LUCK.

Dear nph1943:

Greetings. Yes, you can subpoena his bank records. You need to do it as soon as you can. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am legally separated from my husband of 36 yrs since aug 14th '06 due to his violence and mental abuse and excessive drinking. We go before the judge on the 15th this month and I was wondering if I could supena his bank records. I do not have an attorney due to limited funds and he is trying to get out of paying me post separation support. He makes well over $4,000 from retirement and SS. I get 750 from disability and on his ss. He is spending a lot on his girlfriend and says he has no money. He was supposed to pay house note until it sold (which he didn’t) and it sold in Jan. I had to move and have no way to rent a place.
Please advise. Thanks