Bank records, etc

You would need to subpenoae the bank records. I do not believe that you can get your ex-in-laws bank records.
It will be up to him to back up what he says he pays in rent, living expenses etc.
If he is using a credit card that is not in his name, then I would think that he could not use those expenses.

You are entitled to request records from schools, and doctors for your children. Unless your parental rights have been removed completely or it states otherwise in your papers, you retain joint legal custody.

You can issue a subpoena for his bank records, or you can send a request to him directly requesting those records. If he is an authorized user on his parent’s credit card then you can request those records directly via subpoena. You should be able to get records from the children’s doctors and schools by going there and requesting those records.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I am Pro Se. How do I go about getting bank records and employee payroll records? Am I allowed to get bank records from my ex’s parents since he lives with them. I would be trying to determine what he pays in rent,living expenses, loans and anything else they charge him for. I know he uses their credit card frequently for expenses related to the children.

Also, how do I go about getting records from my children’s doctors, schools, etc. for the time period when my children were with my ex?

Thank You. As always, you are a God send.