Do I qualify for an anulment

It is very likely that your marriage is legal, because the defect in your marriage license can be cured. You will have to get a divorce, not an annulment. In North Carolina, you must be separated 12 months before you can file for divorce.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband and I seperated 2 days ago. I plan to conact a lawyer soon, but have a question. When we got our marriage license, my husband put his step-dad’s name as his father’s name and told the register of deed’s office that he was adopted and never changed his name to his step-dad’s. He was never adopted by his step-dad, just did not want to acknowledge his biological father. Is our marriage legal and can I get an anulment? Any help would be appreciated.