Help…I’m so cunfused

I was wondering if I qualify for a marriage annulment I’ve only been married for a few days and my wife left to be with another woman the day after we got married.

If you have a valid marriage then you would not qualify for an annulment and instead must proceed with an absolute divorce which requires a one-year period of separation.

An annulment can occur only when there is an invalid marriage. For example, one party was too young to marry, one party was not competent to understand that he/she was entering into a marriage or lacked the capacity to marry, etc.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.