Do we need an amended filing or will an answer suffice?


(deleted for safety)


You may file an amended complaint, seeking costs. If there is a child support claim pending you can request all of her financial records relating to income, from any source.


Thanks Erin.

(deleted for safety, sorry)


Yes, her income is considered in making any decision regarding attorney’s fees, they are only awarded to a dependent spouse who cannot meet the other spouse on equal footing when it come to sustaining themselves through litigation.


(deleted for safety, sorry)


There is no specific formula based on income, though it is a factor the judge can consider other factors such as expenses of each party, and their ability to defray the costs of he suit.


Thanks again, Erin.


You are welcome, I wish you all the best.