Does not want the divorce

If a couple is married in Texas but filed for the separation in North Carolina (and have been separated for a year) however, one of them moved back to Texas and is now refusing the divorce… what options are possible?

The divorce can proceed in NC so long as one party lives in the state.

What if she continues to refuse to sign the divorce papers?

It doesn’t matter whether or not she signs papers. If a party files within this state after the 1 year separation period, they may be granted a divorce.


She does not sign the divorce papers, in NC only the court can grant a divorce, and it cannot be done via consent of the parties.