DOM 17A - we need what?!

bump

Dear kmchaos:

Actually, you bumped yourself down, not up. I answer the oldest posts first. Silly

OH YES…the judges care a great deal. Follow the rules at all costs - or it will cost you. Recently I saw a client taxed with approximately $1,500.00 in attorney fees for not completing their initial disclosures. Not good! Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Good lord, I got a new mortgage with WAY less information than appears to be required with the new DOM 17A. We have already provided 3 yrs tax returns and proof of income. Is the Judge going to care if we don’t include 1 yrs worth of bank statements and credit card bills? We’ve been in this court before, and all the court ever found relevant was the income, the insurance costs, medical costs and childcare. The last round the Judge said MY personal bank statments and info couldn’t be required by my husband’s ex-wife for their support hearing. I am hoping that will still be the case - that I am entitled to some privacy in their on-going child support issues. Are we going to face any hostility from the Judge for not providing every required scrap of paper? Pro Se this time - last round put him into bankruptcy. Thanks in advance! Karen