Domestic Criminal Trespassing

I have court order saying my now ex husband can’t return to the material home. Unless the attorneys give him permission. Well he keeps coming to the home. So I went to the magistrates office, gave him the copy of the police report. Filled charges against my ex. His attorney defended him and told the courts he gave him permission to come to the house, but his attorney did not contact my attorney. So, the judge found him not guilty to the domestic criminal trespassing. His attorney was telling the judge that it was his fault for allowing him to come to home and that he takes full responsibility. Can I do something about that? it just seems unfair. The courts here in Onslow County, the system is really bad. If your spouse of a military member, the courts I feel are not protecting the victims of domestic violence.


If the case was dismissed, there is nothing you can do. If it happens again, take out the charges again and be sure to establish contact with the assistant district attorney that will be prosecuting the case on the court date.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.