ED and pre-nup

I signed a pre-nup and am legally separated. The house is under his name and I was kicked out. Basically, I came into the marriage debt free, left a good paying job, sold my home, 98% of my furniture (and gave him the money), and didn’t finish college. He said I didn’t need it as he would always take care of me.

I am convinced I was used. He is a narcissist and as long as he can control me everything is fine. He hurt me but I never pressed charges, though there is a police report.

I now feel that I was pressured into signing the pre-nup (even though it was my idea) but he jumped all over it as soon as I suggested it. I was also pressured into signing separation agreement. He gives me some alimony but it’s not enough. He also gave me some money to compensate for furniture I sold but it doesn’t cover 1/4 of what I sold.

He asked me not to work and now I can’t find a decent job. Everyone says I should be entitled to half of the home he purchased under his name alone, after we were married. When I did work I gave him all of my money and again all of the money from the sale of my furniture. He controlled all the finances. To the point I couldn’t even have my own credit card.

Do I have any legal recourse in reference to ED?

Your recourse would be rooted in having the prenuptial agreement and the separation agreement declared invalid. To have a prenuptial agreement found unenforceable, you must prove one of the following:

North Carolina General Statutes § 52B-7. Enforcement.
(a) A premarital agreement is not enforceable if the party against whom enforcement is
sought proves that:
(1) That party did not execute the agreement voluntarily; or
(2) The agreement was unconscionable when it was executed and, before
execution of the agreement, that party:
a. Was not provided a fair and reasonable disclosure of the property or
financial obligations of the other party;
b. Did not voluntarily and expressly waive, in writing, any right to
disclosure of the property or financial obligations of the other party
beyond the disclosure provided; and
c. Did not have, or reasonably could not have had, an adequate
knowledge of the property or financial obligations of the other party

What if what he disclosed on the pre-nup is not the same as his IRS forms? I believe he has some partnerships he receives money from and that was not disclosed in the prep-nup asset disclosure. He never let me see the finances. I’m almost 99% sure he lied. He lied about everything else.

Would the pre-nup then be dismissed if I can prove it?

As long as there is no waiver related to disclosure in your prenup, his failure to disclose assets/income could be grounds to invalidate the prenup.