ED order 13 years old advise on

Hi there this is about ED order where Plaintiff was in contempt many times but no restitution when disabled defendant plead to the courts about abuse. The parties no longer are in NC and Plaintiff didn’t do as court order judgement told him which results into making sure defendant is off property he is awarded loan, title, interest etc… Pay the courts every month alimony so asking because of identity theft and disability threats trying to force her to do something she is legally don’t. He is threatening her again. can he file motions of contempt in another state on her when this case NC has jurisdiction over? Now second question. I read in cases and proof of such if they were to file a motion of contempt to enforce something that is not written in the order like (quit claim deed etc…) via due to fraud and not allowed to per se . can he in another state? and based on research law it said that the court would probaly deny because it is over 10 years old. read this in a case. NC. love your feedback. Would she be able to go after this property lien for back arrears and damages from the identity theft forcing the sale of the property to compensate etc…

Any motions for contempt will need to be filed in the county and file number in which the order was originally entered.

Motions for contempt must address something that was specifically written in the court order. If it’s not in the court order, then it is not possible to file a motion for contempt about it.

You would need to consult a general civil litigation attorney regarding civil damages related to identity theft.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank YOU. In part the file is too old and disposed. Someone trying to use the legal system to manipulate something that is obtaining property under false pretenses plus altering court documents to change a civil pleading.
To include cash a check with possible name that maybe link to Identity Theft. I hope the legal professional will understand.
Too many legal professionals have said it is too old and passed the statue of limitations. Trying to use what is called Foreign Decree and normally I only see that with active war military families not civilians. YES