Emergency Child Custody


Could you direct to the proper form for Emergency Child Custody, my exwife has threaten to take the children out of the country and was supposed to return them on Tues at 8pm, today is Thursday. I am unaware of their location and if and when she plans to return them. Law enforcement suggested Motion to Show Cuase or Emergency Custody. Show Cause takes a couple months, seems like emergency may get a faster result? I am unable to find a form “Emergency Custody,” I found custody complaint, custody modification and custody agreements. Please help, which one should I use? I am hoping to get it submitted today.


You need to file a motion for emergency custody. Some counties have go-by documents as part of their self help clinics, I suggest you call your local courthouse to see if they have a self-help center.