Equitable distribution

was married for 11 years. back in 09, he had me singed and notarized a letter saying I gave up my rights of the marital home and that I was supposed to get $500 in child support. we tried to work it out 3 times after that. Does that letter can be used in court so I would not get half of the home? He is not even following what it states regarding child support.

The letter can be used by your spouse as a defense to your claim for an equiable distribution of the property, depending on the actual content of the letter. The same goes for the support issue, though you can initiate an action through child support enforcement at any time to handle that issue.

I suggest you take the document to a lawyer for review so you can better understand how this document affects you.