Equitable Distribution


Dear Monika1:

Greetings. If there is not a waiver of equitable distribution, then yes a claim may be made for equitable distribution even after a separation agreement is executed.

I would be careful though and have an attorney review the agreement before you file a claim. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


If ED is not referenced in the separation agreement can a claim still be made for this post separation agreement?