Equitable Distribution


My ex spouse moved out of the home over 3 years ago. We have been divorced almost two years now. She is the plantiff in the equitable distribution case. It keeps getting postponed. I know I am going to have to pay, I just want to get this over with. What can I do?


The best way to reach a resolution would be to come to a mutual agreement on the equitable distribution of the marital estate and put that agreement into a consent order to avoid a court hearing. If you cannot reach an agreement, you could voluntarily submit yourself to binding arbitration. This is similar to a court hearing, but your case would be guaranteed to be heard on the date chosen by the parties.