Ex-husband not paying

You will need to file a lawsuit for breach on contract if you signed a separation agreement. You will need to seek contempt is you signed a court order. Unfortunately, either of these actions will be difficult, but not impossible, without the help of a lawyer.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I beleive I posted my last message in the wrong forum,my ex and I seperated 2 years ago in August. I moved back to my home state of Indiana to establish my residence. After 6 months I filed for divorce,my ex works for a large global company and his lawyer was provided through his company at no charge,after months and months of legal hassle and going broke paying a lawyer I went back to North Carolina and went with him to his Lawyer and signed all legal papers,I gave him everything he wanted,I just wanted out,I could no longer afford to fight him and he knew it. The only thing money wise that I am suppose to receive is my equity in the home which he was suppose to pay me by april 10 of this year,he has not payed,he is not responding to my emails,letters or phonecalls,what can I do. I cannot afford legal help or to go back to North Carolina to pursue this.

     Thankyou for any help,,,Vicky

Vicky Peter