Ex lies to judge


You can certainly bring this issue before the court and ask that the judge award you the proper credit.

Erin E. Clarey
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

Raleigh Office
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 943.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


When my last child aged out of child support we went to court to modify down to one child- My ex lied to judge saying he had only him/his new wife and my one daughter on his insurance policy so 1/3 the cost of insurance would be deducted from my child support.
The judge caught him in a lie and he admitted to also having his step son on but rather then adjusting it to deduct 1/4 off my support my ex promised the judge he would remove his step son-
He did not and that was 1.5 years ago-
now we are going to modify support again,this time my ex is saying he has a policy with just him and my daughter ( he does not) so he again can get a greater reduction. When I go before the judge is there anything I can do? and can I recoupe the extra money that came out of my daughters support to pay his sons insurance for the last year and a half?