Help! Judge signing order

It would be appropriate to follow up with a letter asking the judge for a status update.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I was in court on August 8 regarding a child support modication in which I represented myself. Iwon the modification and the judge stated that she would have the order typed up and she would sign and forward to me and the ex. We handwrote everything out and signed it in the meantime. Then that same day I found that the modification was calculated wrong, the ex’s attorney and I both agreed that it was wrong and should be corrected. The judge was supposed to make the change on the typed version she was sending.

My problem is I still have not received the typed, signed order from the judge. The order was to include the new child support + arrears to be garnished from the exs wages on Sept. 1. Please note he had been paying through CSE and never on time.

My concern is that I have not received the order from the judge and of course nothing has been set up to be garnished from the exs wages. Plus it is Sept. 12 and he has not paid his child support or the arrears that was due by Sept. 1.

What can i do at this point? Is it appropriate to get a status on the order from the judge? Do I call or write a letter? If the ex does not pay the new amount+ arrears to CSE, claiming ignorance, is there anything I can do?

Advice is needed…