Ex Parte Custody Order

My Ex is active duty Marine Corps and has orders to Germany which she will leave for 29 March. We have 2 young children and have no custody order in place as of right now, and seem to be miles apart when it comes to what we want. I am wondering if an EX Parte Order is even an option to pump the breaks and force her to come to the table to forge a more equal plan?

An emergency ex parte custody order can only be granted in two circumstances:

(1) The minor child is exposed to a substantial risk of bodily injury or sexual abuse, or
(2) There is a substantial risk that the minor child may be abduced or removed from the State of North Carolina for the purpose of evading the jurisdiction of the North Carolina courts.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.