Falsification of Court Documents

If she falsified written documents that she submitted to the court she could be subjected to sanctions under Rule 11 of the North Carolina Rules of Civil Procedure. It will also diminish her credibility with the Judge.

If she has not followed an order of the court, you can file a Motion to Show Cause and ask that she be held in contempt for this.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My finace just received modification papers for child support and in those documents his ex reported false information. She signed the papers in front of a notary stating that the information in those papers to be true. What action could be taken for her falsifying information of that sort? Secondly, what could be done if she did not follow court ordered papers about reporting income, such as changes in income? Thanks