File as Counter Claims or New Claims

I am the defendant in our divorce complaint. I want to file custody, child support and equitable distribution claim. Do I have to file those as counter claims? Or may I file them at new claims even though they will be attached to the divorce complaint. I will be filing a motion for change of venue. I would like the divorce to be finalized while the other complaints are going forth in my home county if change of venue is granted.

You can file a separate complaint for child custody and child support.