File with court


Dear zygo44:

Greetings. It depends on what the agreement says about incorporation and having the document become part of the public record. Generally my clients file a memorandum of agreement with the Register of Deeds office. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Me and my wife are signing a seperation agreement that we have both agreed upon. Do we need to file this agreement with the court?