How to file a seperation agreement

You won’t need to file it unless you are attempting to purchase property. Most people will do a memorandum of agreement so that their entire settlement is not available to the public eye. If you do wish to file it and your agreement allows you to do so, you can go to the Register of Deeds in your county with a check and they will mail the original back to you after filing.

Hope this helps!

Ketan P. Soni
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have the seperation agreement all drawn up and I just need to file it. How is this done? Do I need a cover page? Where do I send it? Feel free to e mail me at