Filed in PA


If your attorney is located in Pennsylvania, you will need to contact an attorney in that state to find out about your legal options.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


i filed for divorce in the state of pennsylvania more than a year and a half ago, my husband responded with a settlement agreement, which he refused to settle upon after my attorney in pennsylvania sent my response accepting the agreement. six months ago, my attorney said he would file a motion to compel my husband to settle as per the agreement. i have not heard from my attorney since, in spite of leaving several phone messages. i filed for divorce due to domestic violence, the reason for my leaving my home, close friends, family, and two lucrative jobs. i am settled here in north carolina, have establshed residence for more than a year. we have 2 children, one grown and one 17 1/2 years. we owned our home and property free and clear where he is now residing. i rent and have had to start completely over with our teen. he forwards $23.01 bi-weekly to the state of north carolina for child support. he continues to leave threatening messages with friends an family. i believe my attorney has abandoned me in spite of my paying him a substantial retainer. any advice on where to go from this point?