Divorce in other state


Dear dreasmarine:

Greetings. You will need to speak with an attorney in Pennsylvania. Sorry. I would assume that he needs to file here, but you should consult a Pennsylvania attorney about their requirements for filing divorce. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I was wondering if anyone can answer this question. My husband and I were married in PA. He is in military and we both reside in NC> Can he file in PA for divorce or does it need to be in NC? When I questioned PA law it stated that you had to be a resident of PA for 6 months before filing and in NC you had to be seperated for 1 year. Can he file in PA or does he need to file in NC since he resides here now?