Filing for ED

Can I file for Equitable Distribution on my own without a lawyer in the state of NC county Surry?

oops I need to ask something else, if my stbx filed for the divorce and I filed my answer with the court and asked for some property is that asking for ed, or do I need to refile an answer that specifically asks the judge for ed.

You may file on your own. At this point you need to file what is called a “motion in the cause” for equitable distribution.

We have examples of these documents in the library in our “DIY” service.

thank you so much for your help, but I have one more thing to ask, I cannot find this form on your site, can you help me with that.

There is a sample on our “DIY” site, which is a paid service you can read about by clicking the link in the side bar.