Any comments to the below items would greatly be appreciated. My X and I have 3 children. Have been divorced 2 years with only a verbal custody agreement in place. However, recently, I filed for a formal custody agreement in the courts due to prior some of the prior verbal agreements not being held up.
My X and I will be heading to mediation ($$$) in a couple weeks should we not be able to agree on the following items within the custody consent my lawyer filed.
***I’m really looking for some devil advocate comments on the below items, as I feel that my thinking could be based around myself still being mad over the circumstances of our divorce.
3 children (11, 9 & 3), 50% shared custody, our income about the same - however, he does make a little more than currently do, older children attend school in his school district, we live about 15 minutes away from each other. He currently has more family support for after school care, etc., than I (my family lives out of town).
- I have asked for my X to pay for ALL of their health insurance becasue he makes a little more money than I currently do;
- I feel that even though we rotate the weeks during the Summer, he should be required to pay for half of their summer camps; he does not want to becasue on his weeks, he has his family to watch them. He states that on my weeks, that is my financial responsibility;
- Currently, I am not listed as a primary contact since they attend school in his school distrcit. Should they get sick, they call him or his parents - not me (mom);
- He would not like for any financial exchange for child support to be listed in custody as we are both able, healthy to work;
- His income is often elevtaed with his parents’ being able to financially help with school activited and sports - he states that even though he gets financial help, my portion for any child expenses are my problem;
- Instead of placing my 9 year old in afterschool care and over the Summer care, he prefer that the 9 year old stay home with the 11 year old to keep them company. This also would result in him not having to come up with half of the expense of this since you cannot sign a child up for every other week, it’s a monthly expense;
- He has also stated that he does not want any financial responsibility in planning or paying for the childrens birthday parties (within reason, of course)
- In the event that either parent was to come in to a large amount of money from an inheritance - could the other parent use the inheritance against the other parent in calulating children support since the inheritance would be part of the other’s income?
Any comments would GREATLY be appreciated.