Free Trader Agreement/House

Hello, I am interested in doing a free trader agreement for the house we are soon closing on soon (just for my protection).

I found a downloadable one on your website but according to NC, it does not meet recording guidelines - says that it requires “prepared by” and “return to (with address)” to the document.

How would I go about that?

That information is required for a deed, but you can otherwise add that information at the top of the document. Be sure to leave the top half of the page blank for recording purposes.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.