Free trader agreement

If you want your money then you need to sign. Apparently you have agreed to let her buy you out of the house since it’s in the Sep Agreement. The free trader allows her to refinance and get your name off and then she can pay you what she owes you.

Dear paperklip:

Greetings. Interesting name…very clever. The separation agreement should include the language she believes she needs in the free trader agreement. The separation agreement should act as a free trader agreement. I would not sign anything additional at this time. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

my wife wants me to sign a free trader agreement so she can refinance our home and repay me my share of the equity, an amount that we’ve agreed upon in the separation agreement. should i avoid signing since it’s my only claim on my original investment, or is the separation agreement sufficient coverage?

david demers