thanks for recent responses-- much appreciated
- Clarification, please-- If an SA has been signed/notarized, can I move out 6 months, or 12
months later and it still be valid?
- Can I still be forced to litigate by spouse (i.e., sued for divorce, not just necessary Motions, etc.) once an SA has been signed?
- If bankruptcy is necessary for me at any time, does the bankruptcy Judge determine what I’m able to pay (alimony, child support)?
- Isn’t land usually marital property, regardless of who says “they” paid for it? (spouse claims
money for land was paid for by her but it was with funds from sale of other marital property).
If land had to be “forced sold” by spouse to satisfy ED, can I impose a minimum acceptable price to avoid her short changing me?
- Spouse says Federal retirement benefits are off limits in ED (like social security is)-- what’s the truth? If they are marital property, then my share would equal the appreciated value of the
invested amount earned during married years only, distributed (is a QDRO necessary?) only upon her retirement, correct?
- Is my credit card debt considered property or not-- spouse claims she can show I “spent it all on myself”, but in fact, other than a few reasonable (commensurate with our incomes) personal items,none of which I consider extravagant, much of the credit card debt was used for routine, recurrent expenses everyone has. Much obliged