Can you have his number blocked through your phone service?


If its messing with you that bad change your number


I have blocked his mother’s phone number (which is where the last one came from in New York), but I can’t block his work number. I have changed my phone number one time (when we were still living together) and I would rather not do that again. However, if that is my only recourse then I will but it is a pain in the tail to do that and notify everybody about your new number. Thanks for the advice.



Dear had_enough:

Greetings. I have heard, although I don’t know for sure, that you can contact the telephone company and let them know of his harassing phone calls. Otherwise, just hang up on him. He just probably realizes what a good thing he lost and has to call every now and then. [:)] Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My soon to be ex husband keeps calling my house but won’t leave a message. I have told him numerous times that I don’t want any contact with him. He only calls about once a month, but this is his way of still “messing with my head”. We were married for four years and he was mentally abusive as well as having a bad temper. I just want him to leave me alone and I only want to deal with him when we sign the divorce papers. What recourse do I have as far as getting him to leave me alone? Can I get some type of protective order or do I simply have to put up with it? HELP!!!