He has refused to leave


If he will not leave voluntarily, you will need to contact the local law enforcement and have him removed. You need to document as much as you can. If they believe that he is paying rent to you then they would not be able to help and you would need to evict him. I’m not sure how to go about doing this but I do know that if you have asked him to leave, it’s your home, then legally he has to leave or you can press charges for trespassing. Get something in writing that you have given him several months to make arrangements and that you expect to be gone by August 1st. If he were paying rent you would have to legally give him 30 days, but make sure that it’s noted when you told him to leave…
Maybe some of the others have some suggestions…


I’m sure that this doesn’t belong on a divorce website, but I don’t know where else to start. I’ve dated the same guy for over 8 years on and off. 3 years ago we had a domestic violence issue…there was counseling, and church…and i thought it was resolved. Well he hasn’t HIT me again, but he is very intimidating and he knows it. The tone of his voice, the way he stands over me…he knows it frightens me and he won’t stop. I’ve asked him over 3 months ago to move out, but he won’t leave. He started sleeping in the other room, but now he’s back in my bed against my wishes. He is paying child support and has little money to get an apartment. He says he will leave, but he never does. How do I get him out of my house…yes MY HOUSE, in MY NAME only. He has never made a single mortgage payment. The most he has ever contributed was $250 in a month to a household that requieres $1500/monthly. He has done this maybe 4 times in 8 years. As I write this I see what an idiot i’ve been, but that is a topic for a different show.

How do I legally get him out of my house?