Heart Balm Law AOA CC

Please see my response to your previous post on this issue.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I was involved with a woman who is living and going through a divorce in NC. I am in NY where the affair took place. I have now found out that she stole money and jewelry from me but could not recover it.

I would now like to help her husband in their divorce settlement by giving him all the details of her affair as I have realised that she is only after money.

Can the husband file action against me as I am in NY? If he can how do I protect myself from the husband coming after me using the “Heart Balm” law before I give him all the details?