Hidden Assets

I’ve been divorced for over 4 years now and I recently may have discovered my ex didn’t disclose all of her retirement funds. At the time of divorce she had been employed by the federal government and had a pension and a thrift savings. The documentation she and her attorrney presented to my attorney is not what she truly had by many thousand dollars. At the time I didn’t elect to receive any of her retirement based on the original figures. Is it still possible to go after her for hiding these assets?

Was your property settlement set forth in a court order or a separation agreement? If you settled property issues by agreement you will need to read the language of your agreement to see how disclosure is treated. If the agreement provides that the parties have given full disclosure of all assets, and she didn’t, then she could be in violation. If, on the other hand, the agreement states that the each party is satisfied with the disclosure of the financial circumstances of the other party, you may have no recourse. The answer to this question is largely dependent on the language in your agreement.

Hello dear,
Very good answer by willis, it depends upon your separation agreement. Read that agreement carefully. If the agreement states that parties have given full disclosure of ALL THE ASSETS then she has to give. On the other hand if the agreement states that both parties are satisfied with the disclosure of the financial circumstances of the other party. Then you can’t do anything about this. So take care of the agreement.

Thanks Regards…