In the divorce, the judge awarded the house to my ex. Both of our names are on the mortgage but she pays it. We have been divorced officially 6 months and I moved out of the marital house 2 years ago. The divorce decree had no details about the house except that she is awarded the house. How do I go about making her refinance as I cannot buy a house until I come off that mortgage? It’s been 2 years now and I want to buy a house.

If there is no provision of the court order that explains the time frame in which she must remove your name from the mortgage, you need to file a motion for reconsideration or relief from judgment. The means of doing this will depend on the contents of the order and when the order was issued. You should consult with an attorney in your area to determine the best means of accomplishing your goal.