How to complete Special Warranty Deed

According to our divorce decree in 2006, I was supposed to sign a Special Warranty Deed conveying my interest in the house to my husband.

I didn’t have a lawyer and I assumed that whatever needed to be signed would be sent to me. I just received a certified letter from my ex-husband requesting that I take care of this now.

This is a VA loan & my ex is the veteran, in case that makes any difference.

What do I need to do?

Thank you,

You should send a responsive letter indicating that you will sign the deed, but that he must have his attorney prepare the deed and send it to you. The type of loan is irrelevant.