How to file child custody affidavit

Dear michele:

Greetings. I have no idea what “form” you are talking about. Please let me in on the secret. Thanks

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

THE FORM HAS TO DO WITH MINOR CHILDREN CUSTODY. IT IS CALL A CHILD CUSTODY AFFIVDAVIT. DECLARATION UNDER THE UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY (JURISDICTION ACT). IT ASK IF THE THERE IS ANY MINOR CHILDREN THAT WAS BORN OUT OFF THE MARRIAGE. HOW MANY THEIR (DOB) BIRTHPLACE WHO THEY STAY WITH PRESENT AND PAST ADDRESS AND ABOUT PARENT OR GUARDIAN THAT THEY LIVE WITH. WE HAVE ONE CHILD BEFORE MARRIAGE AND ONE AFTER.

Michele G. Norman

Dear michele:

Greetings. Are you yelling or just on “cap lock?” Anyway, a child custody affidavit is a document you file with a complaint to let the judge know the “status” of each child (where they have lived, age, etc.). This form has nothing to do with finalizing a custody arrangement. If you want to finalize a custody arrangment you need a separation agreement, a parenting agreement, or a court order.

As far as filling out the form though…the form is self-explanatary. You can use one form for each child if you want to. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My question is how do I fill this form out.We have agree the children will live with me. The thing is we had one child before the marriage and one after so how to I do that. There is nothing on the form that clarify what to do in this situation. Please help asap I can’t tell you how bad I want out of this marriage.

Michele G. Norman