How to post a new topic

YEAH!!! Thanks IVY!!! [:D]

[Click “New Topic”

…the screen will appear as below:

UserName: ((Yours))
Password: ((Yours))
Antispam question: Rosen Law Firm deals with divorce in what state?
Answer: ((Here you’ll type “NC”))

I do not have user nabe and password and antispam question on the screen. What should I do? What am I doing wrong? I can not post a new topic.

You should log out of rosen.com
Close out the screen, then go to “rosen.com” click on the “NC Divorce Forum”… come into the forum WITHOUT having logged in. Click on “post a new topic” and then you should be able to enter your username password & question in two small white boxes surrounded by blue, attached to the message space.

And actually, the posts I have responded to today, do not ask the anti-spam question. I wonder if that feature has been disabled for now???

1. Log out, then go back to forum WITHOUT logging back in…

2. Click “New Topic”

…the screen will appear as below:

UserName: ((Yours))
Password: ((Yours))
Antispam question: Rosen Law Firm deals with divorce in what state?
Answer: ((Here you’ll type “NC”))
…that is how mine appears.

Our (now 15.5yo) son has been chronically failing and suspended (since 2008) in every School attended since his Mom then took custody. Two Orders ago (Order from 2/2014 Hearing finally issued 3/2015 while Child was repeatedly running away from Mom - Police returned him despite his protestations - he continued failing all grades/courses with chronic suspensions while Judge was highly conflicted “on how to rule” per his case coordinator) so it took 13 months for decision from a Hearing where I was Pro se while Mom had three member paid legal team during a week long Hearing. Recently informed backlogged Judge signed Order that cut ALL contact with me, awarded full custody to Mom (apparently he let Mom’s attorney write Order after stating on the Record “I will not allow either of you to write the Order, I will write it!”) Child then tanked to where Mother couldn’t handle him. Mom has recently (several weeks past) called me asking I call Police as our son has kicked down a bedroom door, locked her in the bathroom, all while demanding his computer. Subsequent emails between Mom and Dad resolved for son to reside with Dad for a month to “see how it goes”. On day one Son immediately excelled in School from date of custody change! All suspensions stopped, grades improved dramatically to passing (from all failing) School Administrators sent emails to us describing 180 degree change in son’s behavior for the better, “polite, cooperative, doing HW, catching up in all subjects and teachers report he’s being polite and making great strides bringing his missing homework and tests up to passing”. Son states he’ll “never go back” to Mom, but I’m facing a Judge apparently conflicted in how to rule for over a year (Hearing from 2/14 took 13 months to issue Order cutting ties with me while Case Coordinator stated to me that “Judge was highly conflicted on how to rule…”). Dad cannot compete with financial resources of Mom; crooked lawyer (I’ see her attorney as less than ethical; needing Rule 59 to overturn her illegal actions and her Noticing me of a Hearing the day before it took place so to perfect her case in Federal Court via State Court and so on…!) So as date for son’s returning to Mom’s custody approaches I fear renewed Police involvement, failing grades, and behaviors returning to pre Dad custody. Is there any resource available for Parents who clearly have the child’s best interests on their side, but not money? Child has had warm trusting relationship with Dad, still does, and new Order of 8/2017 states that. This Order (drafted by concurrence between Mom and Dad after Mom lost control) states child “has repeatedly asked for more contact with me, always had warm well bonded relationship, restores his ‘visitation’ and lowers my child support payments. Problem is it is not in this child’s best interests to return to her custody at all, as clearly demonstrated by nine years of blatant fact. Child has been abused almost nine years in this relationship verbally or physically (physical abuse ceased as child reached 5’11”) yet previously CPS worker stated (in front of me!) that child “is not beat up enough to have been dragged down 14 stairs by his ankles” (with only minor bloody lip and open raw/bruised skin on wrist from protecting his head)! Son tells me he told him “14 steps” (it was actually 3 or so for bouncing a ball on stairs after being told to stop) because he was hoping “more steps” would make them say “OK”. I went Ch13 over legal fees, am now on SS, so my son needs help I cannot provide against what I feel to be an unethical lawyer and much money. There has got to be someone, an agency, pro-bono attorney, anyone to show Family Court can work? To step into a blatantly clear case to protect our son??? Or does the mantra: “best interests of the child” read “Cash” only for our son.

You may find our Rosen Online Service to be helpful to you. Rosen Online gives you access to a library of legal forms and allows you to communicate with an attorney. This service only costs $199/month, and would be a great resource for you to handle your custody issues without spending thousands of dollars retaining an attorney.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Our son has run away from Mom again, now firmly refusing to return two months shy of his 15th birthday, and having conferred with his Mom firmly telling her this. So Mom acknowledges the fact that he won’t return, then drafted and signed a Notarized Consent Order (drafted in concurrence with me) giving me sole custody while relieving me of all child support (with my agreeing she pays $75/mo and provides dental and medical insurance). She earns 3x my wages, and with our son in my custody I am driving about 100 mi/day to and from his Charter School, preventing me from working any full-time job. Our last Order allowed us to modify as conditions warranted, and my ex inserted the substantial change in the newly drafted Order as: “That their Minor fourteen year old child expressed his strong desire to permanently move out of Defendant’s residence to live with Plaintiff full-time, and thus there is a significant change of circumstances that warrant modification of the last Consent Order.” Will a Judge sign a concurrent Order drafted by Parents to change custody and child support as stated above, for this reason? Is it sufficient, or do Judges rule against families best judgement for the best interest of their child? If he’s forced to return to her (chronic running away from her ten years now while doing poorly in School) he’ll just do it again, and I’m concerned eventually be arrested during conflict with Mom if forced to stay with her. She has called me asking I “call Police” to her home during conflicts with him in the past, he has been in Detention for running away, and I sincerely fear she is a sociopath and/or bipolar, based on her actions in front of me and my son, and this is specifically why he’s chronically fled her care. Will a Court go with the Parents when both parents are educated and literate, who draft their own CO on their terms based on what they feel is best for their child?

I just noticed ex kept original Consent Order we both signed in front of Notary yesterday, telling me I must drive to Raleigh and File. Can I File the photocopies? One thing after another…

Judges will sign consent orders modifying a prior custody order as long as there is substantial change in circumstances affecting the wellbeing of the minor child.

In your case, the fact that the minor child is running away and getting into trouble because of the custody case would likely be a substantial change in circumstances affecting the wellbeing of the minor child.

You must file with the clerk’s office at least 1 original of the consent order. It is a good idea to bring several copies with the original to be filed.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you Anna,

Filed Motion today (w/multiple copies on-hand:) and per Case

Coordinator (as you say) should be no problem. I understand ‘back in the
day’ Family Court Judges simply let the Parties walk out separate doors
w/whomever the children followed deemed the custodial parent in 'the best
interest of the child." Took us over ten years of severe pain for our son,
almost $300K and much pain/stress all around to reach the common sense
resolution Family Court supposedly practiced ‘back in the day’.

Thanks for your site! Appreciate the input! Wish I knew about it ten years
ago!!

A bientot,

1Papa

Two questions: 1) How long should it take from the Filing of a (consensual) Motion to Modify Child Custody and Support, for it to be signed by the Judge? 2) Is there a time limit (after the Court’s Hearing on multiple Motions) for a decision (Order) to be handed down? Thank you

The length it takes between submitting a consent order signed and notarized by all parties and when the judge signs it varies from judge to judge and county to county. 1-3 weeks would be typical, but could be longer or shorter depending on your county.

There is no time limit for a judge to issue a ruling after a hearing unless local rules for your particular county specify otherwise.

Anna Ayscue