How to reply to a civil summons

Dear jaak58:

Greetings. You must file an answer. My suggestion - speak with and retain an attorney that works in the debt collections arena. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

recieved a civil summons from a collector of a credit card debtstates I need to answer the complaint, the plaintiff will apply tot he court for the relief demanded in the complaint…
Says I am notified to appear and answer the complaint.
Theres no scheduled date to go to court, this is a civil summons to get a response. How do I respond???