You should probably talk to an attorney in your area about the specifics of their visit as soon as possible. The reality is that if they did not find anything that would give them reason to believe that you are neglecting or abusing your child, then you don’t have anything to worry about. Of course, I understand that your concern may be that he may be making things up to make innocent things seem worse than they really are. However, if they chose to investigate, and you have done nothing wrong, then your cooperation should help. Generally, state agencies will not remove a child from the home unless there are real indications of danger or serious neglect. But, again, you should talk to a lawyer in your area about the specifics of your case, and have them contact HRS for more information about their investigation.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Seems as thought my soon to be called HRS on me and well they payed me 2 visits…in the first one he said he will not take my child and then he showed up yesterday to “take pics” and I allowed it. Boy was that a stupid move or what???

They were told I was not feeding my child and I was abusing him however a family member was here during the 1st visit and told the guy that I feed my child and I would never harm my child…well for some reason he felt like he has to build a case. So I am in big trouble.

What are the things I can do legally in this situation?
and how can I keep hrs from taking my child?


No one wins in divorce only the Lawyers do!