Husband committed adultery

Rights in regard to what?

You have a right to sue the person he committed adultry with provided you have proof.

I meant what is my right as far as alimony if my husband committed adultry and we dont have children

If you are a dependent spouse (meaning you make less than him or do not work), then you are entitled to alimony. However, him committing adultry has no play in it. You would be entitled to alimony whether you just separated under non-adultry reasons. Adultry doesn’t get you more money or for a longer period of time–usually.

If your spouse makes more money than you and you rely on his income ot meet your need and expenses, then you would likely be entitled to alimony. If you are a dependent spouse and he committed adultery, then he will owe you alimony.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

what are my rights if my husband committed adultery