Husband resided in NC til 2/2/19 attempting to claim he lived outside the state


My husband resided in the family house after he retired last year from PA State Police. He moved home as planned although he had an affair we attempted to work on the marriage by doing counseling…etc. He went to PA and filed for divorce 1/28/19 and returned to our home as if nothing happened…I was not aware of this until Feb 9, 2019, when I was served with divorce papers Friday. He stated on the document he resided in PA for 6 months previously to the filing, which is a lie. He also stated it is a no-fault divorce, which if I were to divorce him I am or will file under the Alienation of Affection Law which allows three years from the time you are aware of the affair. How can or what can I do to contest his Address in PA so we can do the right process in NC the one full year separation? I have documents state, credit card statement and bills he pay plus for the past 8 years he has paid the mortgage on our home.


It sounds like you will need to contest his claim of residency in PA with your supporting documentation that he was actually a resident of NC.

You should contact a family law attorney in PA ASAP to discuss what needs to be done.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.