Husband sells personal stuff on E-Bay

Dear mfmoore:

Greetings. I am sorry to say, but the general rule is no, you do not have the right after the divorce to obtain property from his house. If the property is a vehicle and you hold the title, that is another issue. Sorry for the bad news!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Yes it is bad news. We still have a stock option that is in both of our names that he was suppose to send a letter to the company requesting to cash it in and give me half. We had an agreement, not on paper but when he did that I would get whatever was left in the house and half the money. Now he keeps putting off writing the letter and says because of taxes he can’t cash another check in his name this year. It will have to be January before he does anything. I’m just so frustrated but with my name being on it I have the right to half of that then Right??

Missy F Moore

Dear mfmoore:

Greetings. If your name is on the account, try to see if you can sell it now. My advice to you is to get to the funds first! Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My exhusband and I divorced in April of 04 and we had a very nice divorce (until now). I still had stuff in the house that he said I could have because until a few months ago we still talked about every week and I would even keep the dog for him when he went out of town. Now I find out that he is engaged (which is fine) but he has turned into a different person and he will not let me have my stuff. I found out last week he made over $2,000 on ebay by selling some of my personal belongings. Although our divorce is over and papers have been served, my question is do I have the right to get my stuff and half of what he sold on ebay??

Missy F Moore