Husband won't sign separation agreement


My husband does not want me to leave and refuses to draft or sign a separation agreement. I will likely have to force the issue in court. My question is: Do I have to move out BEFORE the separation agreement process begins?


If he will not sign a separation agreement, you will have to file an action in court. You can file claims for alimony, child support, and child custody prior to separation, but you cannot file a claim for equitable distribution until after the parties have separated.