Incorporated sep agreement, tax/car issue

another piece of importnat information. i filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and was discharged this year so i can just stop making payments on it without owing a cent more on it… i would hate to do that since it’s almost paid for…the sep agreement states she would have right of first refusal if the note went into default…does that prevent her from winning a suit against me if she sued me after i reclaim the car?

thanks…

and I meant to add that the reason i would hold/reclaim the car is to sell it to recover the money lost from 2006 and the years I won’t be claiming the kids… It would be a wash I am sure. Not being vindictive, just trying to not be a sucker…again…

hopefully she signs the form and all this is moot…

I mailed her a certified letter indicating/reminding her that I need the deductions in order to continue paying the bill as we agreed. I figure if she refuses to sign this petty document, there’s other issues with her since she has agreed on paper previously.

The plan is to just stop paying on it if she refuses to sign, if they repo it, it’s her own doing in my book…

hi. me and the ex have an incorporated sep agreement in our divorce. one clause states I can claim kids for taxes for this year, next year and alternating years beyond. another provision states she will drive a car that i am making payments on and that car becomes hers after it is paid off. she is the custodial parent. i need her to sign an irs 8332 form. i need the deductions to make the car payment. if she refuses, i can sue, but honestly she doesn’t have the atty fees for me to recover in an expensive suite. I am thinking of just holding the vehicle once it’s paid off until she complies or just reclaiming it point blank now after she refuses to sign the 8332, since it’s still in my name and registered soley to me. will this action get me in trouble? i don’t think it’s illegal to “steal” my own car. In court, if it get there, can she sue me and win for damages since i took the car even though the tax thing was tied to the vehicle?

thanks…