Incorporating seperation agreement into Complaint?


You do not need to incorporate the agreement into your complaint for divorce. That may also alter how the agreement is treated, so you need to take care in how your proceed. You may want to reference in the divorce judgment that claims for equitable distribution, custody, child support and spousal support have been resolved.

Good luck!

Ketan P. Soni
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Do I nedd to incorporate my seperation agreement into my Complaint when I file for divorce. I have all the forms, just didn’t know if I needed to refernce the agreement in the complaint.