Inlaws breaking up marriage

What marriage? You state that he is your EX husband. No one can break up something that doesn’t exist.

how is that breaking up the marriage?

Yes, he is ex husband, because of the inlaws interference. They were the cause of the divorce. They were the ones who insisted divorce over trying to reconcile for the child’s sake.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by blondie1976[/i] [br]What types of things can you sue (now) ex inlaws for breakin up the marriage? I have heard that you can sue inlaws for breaking up marriage, but not sure what it is called in regards to legal terms. Does anyone know of some situations in which you can use in court for interference with inlaws.

My ex husband and I have a 4 yr old son together, but when I want to talk to him about our son, I will have to go thru my ex motherinlaw. She has told me many times that I will have to tell her and she will relay the message, but what if I dont want to talk to her and I want to talk to the child’s father? I have the right to talk to him. The reason she wants me to talk to her instead of talking to him is because my ex husband can’t control his temper and they (him and his family) have advised him to try to stay away from me afraid he will lose his temper and risk losing his chance to get full custody of my son.

this sounds as though the problem is not your in-law’s it is your ex-husband’s inability to stand up to them.

Dear blondie1976:

Greetings. You may be able to sue them for alienation of affection, but I doubt that would work well or be worth the money, but who knows.

You may have a better claim for child custody given your wife’s immature behavior and lack of willingness to deal with you directly. Thank you and good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

What types of things can you sue (now) ex inlaws for breakin up the marriage? I have heard that you can sue inlaws for breaking up marriage, but not sure what it is called in regards to legal terms. Does anyone know of some situations in which you can use in court for interference with inlaws.

My ex husband and I have a 4 yr old son together, but when I want to talk to him about our son, I will have to go thru my ex motherinlaw. She has told me many times that I will have to tell her and she will relay the message, but what if I dont want to talk to her and I want to talk to the child’s father? I have the right to talk to him. The reason she wants me to talk to her instead of talking to him is because my ex husband can’t control his temper and they (him and his family) have advised him to try to stay away from me afraid he will lose his temper and risk losing his chance to get full custody of my son.