Joint Custody


The parent has joint custody with an ex husband, however, for the past two years the child has spent no overnights with the father. He occassionally picks her up and takes her out to dinner but that is it. He also pays no child support which was originally agreed to when they were keeping the child every other week. The father has recently become a little disagreeable about everything. He recently went to the child’s school and picked her up without notifying the mother who became frantic when the child did not get off the bus. Can he do that and is there anything the mother can do about it and can she file for sole custody and child support through the courts without hiring an attorney ?


The father is entitle to pick the child up on the days he is to have her in the parties separation agreement or court order.
The mother may sue for custody and can do so on her own.